Friday, April 22, 2016

Scrappy quilt, throw size, 2012

I went through my scraps basket and made a bunch of blocks putting random scraps together.  I think I spent about 2 weeks of sewing time using up as many scraps as I could.  After the pieces are sewn together  you have to square it  up, cutting off tinier scraps.  I framed the blocks with the black fabric, then put it together with batting and backing with simple tacking - like hidden tying only with the sewing machine - a fast way to get a quilt together.  I think I sent this off to an organization that gives quilts in 3rd world countries where Doctors without Borders go to do surgery on, mostly children with birth deformities - a really good charity.  They want quilts that have no white in them because they have a hard time cleaning their things.

No comments:

Post a Comment