Thursday, April 21, 2016

Apple Core Quilt finished 2011


Someone at the quilt guild gave me the pattern for this and of course it was a challenge,  I cut out the pieces and then arranged them into rows so the colors would kind of flow into each other like a "watercolor" quilts.  I didn't want to deal with struggling to sew the pieces together on the machine.  I also enjoyed sitting, watching TV and hand sewing,  So this quilt was sewn together by hand.  When Tina was visiting and had nothing to do, I had her hand sew the pieces.  She did several rows over a couple of her visits.  Then she was tired of it all.  The pieces sat again for quite awhile till I got around to finishing it.  It probably took over 4 years.  Then I appliqued it onto the border.  I had Lou Gostlin of the quilt guild quilt it on her long arm machine.  When I have a quilt that is special, I have it professionally quilted.  Why not!!



No comments:

Post a Comment