Saturday, April 23, 2016

Throw Size, Cross Quilt, or "Plus Quilt" 2014

 I had most of this fabric for years, fat quarters.  I bought it just because I loved the colors but didn't know what to make from it.  Then I saw this pattern and decided it would be good.  I saw this on the internet, the designer put her pieces up on a design wall.  Since I don't have a design wall, I made up a pattern on graph paper, then cut a bunch of fabric squares, and sewed them together following the graph,  As I ran out of fabric, I just cut more.  I gave this to my doctor in Gr.Junction.  She is an oncologist who has become a friend over the years of my breast cancers.  She always takes the time to talk and ask about the family in our office visits.  She's the one who took the time to talk to me when I really became ill this last time.  She heard me say, "my head exploded" and she determined I needed a MRI.  That's when they found the Siderosis.  We would have found it eventually, but after some time and much more drama.


No comments:

Post a Comment