Thursday, April 28, 2016

Queen Sized, "Migrating Geese" 2014



This is one of my all time favorite quilts.  I had some of the plain fabric for a lot of years waiting for the right project and this was it.  I put some fabric from my stash that kinda matched to add zing.  I found this pattern on Pinterest and thought it would be hard, but it turned out to be surprisingly easy, just very time consuming.  I had Lou Gostlin quilt it on her long arm machine.  I had told her I wanted it quilted all over "meander", but she was looking at it and could not bring herself to do it that way.  She quilted it this way which was so much better.  Love it.  It was for Peter Wasden, a young man, son of our friends in NJ.  Val actually used to baby sit for Peter when he was a baby.  Now He's married!!??I was impressed, they sent back a thank you note right away.  Guess they liked the 
quilt too.


.


No comments:

Post a Comment