Thursday, April 21, 2016

Cape May, wall hanging, March 2012

I really love this little quilt.  Each year we are given a theme to do a challenge quilt, small, wall hanging size.  We decide on a theme.  This years was "Our feathered friends"  meaning, something with birds in it.  I had this pattern that told how to make landscape quilts, so used it to make this scene of the Jersey Shore at Cape May, one of my favorite places in the whole world.  I added the Cape May lighthouse to the picture, and put a subtle seagull up in the right hand corner, my "feathered friend".  The dark blue border was some fabric Val had and didn't want.  Luckily it was in my stash, it has fish and seaweed and shells in it.  These quilts are featured in the Moab Museum each  year for 2 summer months, a favorite attraction for the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment