Saturday, May 7, 2016

Two Wall Hangings, Word Play Challenge at guild, 2010

 Again, the challenge for the quilt guild for display at the Moab Museum.  The idea was to interpret a common phrase or simple word, then people were asked to figure out what that phrase or word was.  It is amazing the possibilities.  The top one is "Picture Purrfect", A picture with a cat silhouette looking out.  I had seen this technique in a magazine, sew the horizontal strips together, then slice it into strips vertically, shift, and sew back together.  So, it's just a landscape seen from a picture window.  The cat is on the window sill looking out.
The second one I thought was very clever of me, but I guess not too many people voted for it.  I still like it.  The phrase is "Fan Club"  The block I made is the fan block, three of them laid out like the club card in a deck of cards.  It's hand quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment