Thursday, May 19, 2016

Large Throw, 2016, Comfy TV Watching "Hug Me" quilt


I found some big pieces of this very heavy material, that almost feels and looks like flannel on one side, the other is just woven plaid.  I was thinking this is way too  heavy for quilting and was tempted to throw it away.  Instead I cut it into large pieces, put them together randomly.  I was going to leave it, but decided to just tack some beautiful, blue flannel on the back.  I had enough to make two big quilts that are great for keeping you warm in front of the TV, or reading.  I had to serge around each piece because the material tended to unravel, then I top stitched at each seam.  Lot of sewing and lots of thread, but these quilts will keep Vere and Andrew very cozy for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment