Monday, May 2, 2016

Full Size, 2003, Plaids

I have to tell you about my plaids.  Our neighbor on Clinton Avenue in Maplewood, she worked at a textile company that made shirts.  When she found out I loved fabric, she suggested she could give me samples of shirting fabric from the factory.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  She started bringing me boxes of this material.  The pieces were anywhere from 12" by 12" to 12" by 30 or 40".  Some were bigger than that, big squares and sometimes there was a whole shirt packed in the box.  Most of it was lightweight, but quality fabric, some was heavy or even almost like canvas.  After we moved from Maplewood, she still sent me some Huge boxes of the fabric until she left working for them.  I made two quilts of simple squares for her two boys who were teens by then.  This is one. You will see many quilts in this blog made using these fabrics.  It is now 2016 and I still have some to be used.  Can;t throw it away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment