Friday, February 5, 2021

January 2021 Baby quilt, finished for friend, Jan


I remember  years ago, just before my hearing and balance went, my friend Jan was working on this quilt.  It is made from pieces of regular cotton material and the yellow and white are Minky, that super soft, flexible, stretchy material that is wonderful to feel, but impossible to work with.  She had such trouble, sewing seams and taking them out because they stretched out of shape. A few weeks ago she asked if I could do something with it.  Luckily she had the center squares all finished and one of the intricate borders already sewn and attached.  So I knew what to do.  Of course all the ducks were already appliqued in place and the corner blocks were sewn and ready to go.  I put the blocks together for the remaining three borders by hand  basting each seam, then sewing them on the machine.  That way took longer but then I didn't have to unsew any seams.  The bottom piece of material is for a small border, and the back of the quilt.  Such a cute quilt!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment