Friday, February 5, 2021

Doll Clothes Jill's little girl has an American Girl Doll


We were talking to Jill on Skype while her little girl was playing with her American Girl doll.  We decided it would be fun if I made her some doll clothes.  My friend here had one of the dolls, so I borrowed it for reference.  My sister, Jackie, also had some patterns, she sent me along with some fabulous material to use.  The first three outfits along with the gray pants were from knit material, the very best stuff to work with in these small clothes.

 


This material is light weight denim I've had around for years.  It was perfect for this little outfit.  I'm glad I saved it all this time.  


This white, lightweight knit made a cute dress and pant suit.  I added some gold trim from my collection because the dots on the fabric is golc


The material on this shirt has sequins, sparkly.  It was a good blouse for the brown knit pantsuit



This material is some Jackie sent me,  It is a kind of shiny, rubbery design and worked well as a pantsuit and a long winter coat.





This dress was from material Jackie sent, the top was just a small piece of fabric I was able to make a sleeveless top.  The skirt was about 6 layers of tulle that matched perfectly.  There was just a small strip of the tulle I thought would make a good "throw" for cold evenings out.



Wow!, this material is so pretty, and was hard to work with.  I made the long fancy dress and matching long coat.  I had this lovely beads, I attached at the neck for a necklace.




And last, Jackie sent this small piece of white fleece, for Pajama bottoms, I had the flannel for the top.
About 2 weeks of work on this, and it was fun.  Apparently, Jill's father-in-law was over and made her a little cabinet to hang her doll clothes in


 

No comments:

Post a Comment