Thursday, August 26, 2021

Augus 2021, makings of a quilt with state flowers embroidered



 My friend Laura in the quilt guild had started the elements of this quilt, she cut batting and backing for 50 blocks and had imprinted the pattern for 50 states on 50 squares.  She had started to embroider the blocks and done about 10 of them and had also started to hand quilt some to show her intent on finishing each block,  then she gave the huge container to me, filled with all this plus lots of embroidery thread, some needles, the patterns and instructions.,  I've been working on this project for a little more than 2 years and just finished the embroidery and quilting on the 50th block.,  There is still so much to do, to join the blocks with sashing.  There are some dark turquoise blocks to go between there somehow (my daughter Val did some quilting on those blue squares).  It will be a huge quilt and I do wonder what will become of it.  I could give it to Laura's family, auction it off for charity, or save it for one of my kids.  For now it will stay with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment