Friday, September 18, 2020

2020, Small Twin Size - My Colorful Quilt and Lap Size HST

My friend, Leslie, gave me a box of quilt books, and a box full of fabric she was given by her guild friends.  In the box was lots of wonderful fabric, including 10 blocks for this quilt.  It must have been a monthly challenge, there were printed patterns for the blocks.  I made two more blocks - the one on the left, a red and blue basket, and the one on the bottom in the middle.  I couldn't see how I could machine quilt it with all the different patterns, so I hand quilted it.  I use all my sitting and watching tv time for 3 weeks to get the quilting done.  I love hand quilting, but it's too time consuming to do it often.


When I was finished with the top quilt I had all this wonderful fabric left.  No way could I put it away so I made this quilt.  I love making HST's (half square triangles)  I made squares until I used up the fabric.  Rather than put the squares together randomly, I grouped like squares together.  I Really love this quilt.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment