Thursday, October 10, 2019

Moms old Wool quilt

 This is a picture of a quilt my mom made many years ago.  I thought it was hand pieced but it was not.  It's made from scraps of mostly wool, so it is frayed a lot and worn,  The backing is kinda ugly flannel but warm.  Our quilt guild this  year is having talks on quilt history.  I spoke on quilts made in Gee's Bend, Alabama that have become a famous part of Americana.  Their quilts were pieced by hand of bits and pieces of anything they had including old work shirts, pants, and wool scraps.  I saw some on display in a museum once, I think in New York.  This quilt of my mom's made me think of what those Gee's Bend quilts might have looked like.  My sister has this quilt and sent to me to show off.  Thanks Jackie.



No comments:

Post a Comment